Tuesday 1 October 2013

Nariyal ki Chatni/Coconut Dip/Coconut Chatni

Nariyal ki Chatni/
Coconut Dip/
Coconut Chatni
Hi Friends,
I don't think any introduction is required for this preparation. A very authentic preparation from South Indian Cooking. For me without this any South Indian Dosa/uthapam is incomplete. I really love this chatni since childhood. In my childhood i use to skip sambhar and had my dosa/uthapam only with this chatni. I like sambhar with a less veggies, if its flooded with drum sticks, brinjle then i use to discard all that solid stuff and take only gravy to relish my dosa/uthapam with this chatni. 
I tried it lots of time but didn't got the real taste as i never ever tampered any chatni earlier. Then blogging word taught me the right way to make this chatni. Its a very quick recipe. Its not limited only to South Indian cooking. I have made very odd combinations with it. Even i use to have this chatni with simple rice/roti/naan/pulao and even with pasta yes heard right PASTA etc. So friends its your choice to have it with anything you like. Try it enjoy it.

Ingredients:-
Shredded Coconut - 1 cup
Roasted Gram - 1/2 Cup
Urad daal- 1 tsp
Mustered Seeds- 1tsp
curry leaves - few
Salt-as per your taste

Method:-
Ingredients

Soak roasted gram in one cup water for 5 minutes

drain water and add them in grinder

add shredded coconut

pulse it 
add more water if required

take it out in a bowl

Now we will prepare tempering
heat 1 tsp oil

fry urad daal

when it will turn brown

add mustered seeds+curry leaves and let them splutter

 thrown in grinded chatni

mix well

Ready to Serve






Notes:-
  1. Use fresh coconut for authentic taste. I was not having fresh one so used store bought desiccated coconut.
  2. You can use Gram daal instead of roasted gram. I was having this in hand so used it still it tastes great.
  3. You can add green chilly or add red chilly while grinding to spice it up. 
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT

Love

PariCash

3 comments: