Monday 8 April 2013

Double Celebration with Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake/ Eggless Upside down Cake with Wheat Flour and Olive Oil

Double Celebration with Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake/

Eggless Upside down Cake with Wheat Flour and Olive Oil
Celebrating 1 Lakh hit and Received My First Prize Ever
Hi Friends,
I am so so happy today. Celebrating two milestones in my life. First milestone is my blog crossed 1 Lakh page views which is a great achievement for me. I never thought that my tiny blog have been seen so many times. THANKS TO ALL MY READERS AND FOLLOW BLOGGERS to make me achieve this goal. 
Second milestone is that first time i won prize through my BLOG. I participated in the Agar Agar contest organised by Amy of foodssrilanka sponsored by Marine Chemicals. I have mentioned about it in my earlier post. I got packet from Marine Chemical in which contains 10 packets of agar agar as i was selected for 3rd and 4th prize. I was jumping in joy to see my packets. I am planning to make desserts with them. Stay tuned for the upcoming recipes.
I made this pineapple upside down cake to celebrate this occasion. It is my first upside down cake. Before making it i went through so many recipes but all were asking to make caramel sauce first and then arranging pineapple slices on it. But i thought that if we will use canned pineapple, arrange them on sugar then it would be caramelize itself while baking. So i used this method and it came out so yummy. I don't whether it tastes same as caramel method or not but it was surely very yummy. My hubby is on diet these days so keeping in mind his preferences for healthy food i used wheat flour and olive oil. It came out so yum. My kids like it very much. Hubby grabbed more then his share. What else i want? Hope you people will also enjoy it.


Ingredients:-

For Base
(all these ingredients can be increase or decreased according to your pan size. my pan  was small so all these were sufficient.  Please adjust according to you pan.)
Pineapple- 4 rings
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Cherries- 5-6 (as required)

Dry Ingredients
Wheat flour - 1 cup
All purpose flour/Maida- 1/2 cup
Baking Soda- 3/4 tsp
Baking Powder- 1.5 tsp

Wet Ingredients
Curd- 3/4 cup
Olive Oil- 1/2 cup
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 tbsp (you can use pineapple juice too)
Vanilla Essence- 2 tsp

Method:-
Collect your Ingredients
For base

DRY

WET

Whisk curd in a bowl

Add sugar and oil

Mix them well

Add vanilla

Mix well again

Sieve dry ingredients

Now prepare the base
Now take a pan and sprinkle sugar on the base

Arrange Pineapple slices on it

 Now add dry ingredients in wet ingredients

Incorporate them well
(i have used 1 tbsp milk+2 tbsp pineapple juice to make smooth batter)

Tip in on the prepared base

Bake for 30 min

Wow beautifully baked

Invert it




Have a slice



Notes:-

  1. I have used both of flours still cake was so spongy, you can use any one of the flours to make this cake.
  2. I have used olive oil for healthier version, you can substitute it with 50 gm butter or 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
  3. After baking let the cake cool for only 5 min and invert it otherwise caramelized pineapple will stick to the pan and it would be difficult to remove it.
  4. It is advisable to cover base of the pan with foil or butter paper so that cake can be inverted easily.
  5. You can increase or decrease the sugar as per your taste. As i have used pineapple juice so i decreased sugar to 1/4 cup.
  6. You can also add pineapple chunks or dry fruits to the batter for more flavor.

HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT

Love

PariCash

4 comments:

  1. Wow congrats dear... My wishes for u dear... Cake came out perfectly....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that so cool! Congrats :) The cake looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats and the cake looks stunning!!! very tempting.. Thanks for linking it to my event!! Looking for more yummy recipes!!
    Sowmya
    Event - WTML w giveaway

    ReplyDelete